This is the website for the CHI 2017 Workshop on Ubiquitous Text Interaction, held in conjunction with CHI 2017: the 35th ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. CHI 2017 will be held in Denver, Colorado, USA 6-11 May, 2017. The workshop will be held on 6th May 2017, Room to be confirmed.
Saturday, 6th May 2017
0900-1030 Session 1
Papers to be confirmed.
11:00-12:15 Session 2
Papers to be confirmed.
15:30-16:30 The Future of Ubiquitous Text Interaction
16:30-17:00 Open Discussion / Community-building
open for submissions. call for participation
Call for Participation
We invite position statements for the CHI 2017 Workshop on Ubiquitous Text Interaction. This one-day workshop offers an interdisciplinary forum for both practitioners and academics interested in interactive systems that rely on text input or output. A particular focus this year is on exploring the problems and opportunities of text interactions that are embedded in our environments, available at all times, and used by people who may be constrained by device, situation, or disability. For example, text interfaces using wearable devices, head-mounted displays, or interaction when visual feedback is limited or non-existent.
- Early submission deadline: December 20, 2016
- Normal submission deadline: February 21, 2017
Interested participants should submit a short position statement outlining their background, past work, future plans, and suggesting a use-case they would like to explore during the workshop. During the workshop, small teams will form around compelling use-cases. Teams will spend time brainstorming, creating low-fidelity prototypes, and then presenting and discussing their use-case with the group.
Participants will be selected on the basis of the quality of their position statement. All workshop participants must register for both the workshop and for at least one day of the CHI 2017 conference.
In addition to a position statement, participants are encouraged to submit an optional technical paper for possible inclusion in the workshop program. The separate deadline for paper submission is March 31, 2017. Papers should be in CHI Extended Abstracts Format (maximum eight pages excluding references). Papers will be peer-reviewed with accepted papers being presented as part of the workshop program as a talk, poster, or demo. At least one author must register and attend the workshop.
More background information is available in the workshop proposal paper ().
How to Submit
- Write a position statement in the CHI Extended Abstracts Format (maximum four pages excluding references).
- Each statement should include a biography, and a summary of any past work relevant to the workshop theme.
- Your statement should identify a future-looking text interaction use-case you would like to explore in-depth during the workshop
- Email your position statement in PDF format to email@example.com
- Early submission deadline: December 20, 2016.
- Early acceptance notification: December 23, 2016.
- Regular submission deadline: February 21, 2017.
- Regular acceptance notification: February 24, 2017.
- Extended Abstract submission deadline: March 31, 2017.
- Extended Abstract acceptance notification: April 04, 2017.
- Workshop: May 6, 2017.